Maximize your browser window (full screen mode) for optimal viewing, and use scroll bars when available.
This lab is divided into 3 parts
- An introductory demonstration of performing a Gram stain
- Seven (7) cases (with computerized slides)
- Work individually through each of the 7 cases taken from infections seen at MUSC, carefully examining each slide and answering the questions about each case. Each slide generally has 5 microscopic fields to click on to give you the impression of reading the slide. Do not look at just one field...as with a real Gram stain, one field on a slide may not contain the same organisms as another field.
- Refer to "Reporting Observations", "Gram Stain Results" and "Specimen Gram Stain" menu selections on the left to assist in your interpretation of each slide.
- Click on your response to each question for feedback.
- The review/evaluation exercises must be completed in Moodle to receive credit for the lab.